Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day Two

(Here is Day 2 of my 30 day adventure. Just a reminder, all Out of text notes will be in parenthesis)

Day 2 6.15.11 10:30 PM


Dear journal,
Today is Day 2 of successfully not  going on Omegle, and I'm really happy and proud of myself. So yesterday I texted Jill*, Kayliegh*, and Matt* and asked them to be my devotional partners. (for those of you who don't know: a devotional partner is someone who you commit to doing a devotional (aka quiet time aka spending time with God) with for a certain amount of time. Common times are a month, a week, two weeks, ect. You just encourage each other and remind each other to keep it up.) So Jill and Kayleigh both committed to a month, but Kayleigh just backed out on me ugh. And she wonders what I meant by different priorities?? And I haven't heard from Matt, so IDK how he's doing. So basically the only person I know I can count on.... *oops I take that back. Matt hasn't done his yet, but he's doing it now. And Kayleigh claimed she hasn't seen her friends in forever so she's not going to be sorry about hanging out with them. I think that's a load of Bull because her Jackson friends are all she takls about. And plus I didn't tell her to be sorry, but 30 minutes for GOd out of 1,440 in your day? That's not a big sacrifice.* So now I'm sad. I can count on some of my school friends more than some of my church friends. *sigh.* 'Tis the life of an ordinary Christian American girl. SO enough with all this sadness and on to better things.
A) No drama!! *Besides Kayleigh* today. Whoop Whoop!!
B) Jill and I hung out today. FINALLY!!! I had missed her so much and it was soooo good to see her again. She just understands me so  well. And just. IDK it's like we're soul sisters. And she's really helping me through all this Kayleigh drama. So I just pray as always that God keeps this stuff out of my head as I devote the next 30 minutes to him.

(so there you go. I guess you could say this devotional is going well. P.S. I also am in the process of watching Eat, Pray, Love, and it could easily become my favorite movie. It established me to make a bucket list (Check out my post about it) and to meditate (the Christian way of course!!). So I hope you are being entertained. I hope you get what you want when you read my blogs. Because I get what I need (my therapeutic needs and the feeling that I have company... even though I only have one follower) by blogging. Thanks for reading. XOXOXO)


* Names changed for anonyimity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Are you thinking about leaving a comment? Well go ahead, we would love to know what you're thinking!