Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 11

[Day 11 of my Fantastical journey]

6.26.11 7:11 AM
Devotional


S) The man answered, "That woman, the one you gave me, gave me some fruit from the tree and I ate it." Then the Lord God asked the woman "What have you done?" "The snake deceived me, and I ate," the woman answered. Genesis 3:12-13

O) Man blamed woman, woman blamed snake. No one was responsible for their sin. God wants me to take responsibility for my actions (good and bad) instead of blaming others. Sin to confess- blame. Attitude I need to change. Example of what not to do with Adam and Eve.

A) When I sin, instead of thinking of a way that it could be someone else's fault, take responsibility for my actions and realize I'm the one who made the wrong choice.

P) Dear God,
Help me to realize that my sin is my fault, no one else's.

[Next is the music I listened to during this devotional. Enjoy!!!]
1. Reaching, Leeland
2. Everybody Praise the Lord, Lincoln Brewster
3. Shepherd, Ian Eskelin [Unfortunately I couldn't find a video for this one...]
4. I Will Never Be the Same, the Benjamin Gate [Note: This is not a Youtube Video. This is a grooveshark track :) ]
5. This is Home, Switchfoot

  • Listen to what God is calling you to do. Even if it is different from what you planned for your life. What he calls you to do will bring you such joy and it will become your home
6. Hallelujah, Re:Zound

  • There's none like you, Hallelujah, Hallelujah. My strength, my song, Hallelujah, Hallelujah. [These lyrics just really spoke to me I guess. Because I wrote them down.]
7. Word of God Speak, Kutless [LOVE this song. One to listen to for sure. :) ]
8. Before There Was Time - Caedman's Call
9. Pieces, RED

  •  God wants you to come to Him in pieces so He can work out your flaws. The only other solution is to try and piece yourself back together and that never really works out very well.
10. You Know My Name, Chris Lizotte [Note: This is not a Youtube video, it is a track on Grooveshark.]

  • Thank you Lord that you know my  name that you look at me and everyone as the same. our love is strong, and it never changes. 
[ Hey guys... since this post is running extremely long I'm going to post my journal entry in a different post. Thanks for reading! I'm so sorry for the recent flood of posts, there is just a lot to catch up on after camp.
XOXO- Kathryn]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Are you thinking about leaving a comment? Well go ahead, we would love to know what you're thinking!