Thursday, August 18, 2011

Week 2

Hey guys it's week 2 and right on time (or... 7 minutes late..) I'm getting my blog post for the week in ;)

So first of all on the 14th, at 5:00 am, 17 PEOPLE VEIWED MY BLOG. I have no idea where this great spasm of viewers came from. But welcome anyways I hope you become regular.

Second of all... as (most) of you know... I am a music junkie. Music is my life I love it love it love it and I plan to be an elementary music teacher when I "grow up" and get a real job. So I decided "what the heck. I might as well join senior adult choir. (No i'm not a senior adult. It's just they're nicer than regular adults. Especially to "younguns" who want to join them.)" So Wednesday night was the first rehearsal and OH MY GOODNESS it was amazing. I loveeee choir so singing worship songs was absolutely fantastic, and secondly (I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but whatever so far i've been completely honest) OLD PEOPLE ARE HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean it was just like constant laughter the whole 45 minutes.

So please pray for me Sunday. I practiced for 45 minutes and I have to perform like 8 songs. The perfectionist in me is freaking out, but somehow I'll make it through I KNOW I will. :) (Even if it means making up a part... ;) )

I love you guys and I am anxiously awaiting the next time I will post. Again, at the LATEST I promise it will be Thursday night. But probably earlier than that since school is starting Monday and I will have awesome juicy details about my teachers and drama. :)

<3 XOXO - Kathryn.

P.S. IF YOU ARE A NERD, READ BELOW.

Okay so for our summer reading project for school we had to read Fahrenheit 451 (by Ray Bradbury) and do a little packet. So tonight I was working on it and I was on the part where we had to pick a quote and explain it's importance, and what I wrote was REALLY good so I'm going to write it hear.

Quote: "We must all be alike. Not everyone born free and equal as the Constitution says, but everyone made equal. Each man the image of every other; then all are happy, for there are no mountains to make them cower, to judge themselves against."

Significance: This quote is a warning against equality, so to speak. This quote reminds me of Harrison Burgeron by Kurt Vonnegut. (Side note: best short story ever. If you haven't read it... READ IT!!!) In this short story, anyone who is better or superior to anyone else is "handicapped" to be equal. Humans are created not equal. Everyone has different talents and abilities. Everyone is great at something, and not so great at something else. When we limit this "greatness" (weather with finances, academics, music, sports, art, ect.) we hinder humanity from excelling as we were made to do.

So what do you think? Do you disagree or disagree with me???? (I personally think that this is a work of genius... but of course it's my own writing so.. that only means I have a big head haha. :) )

2 comments:

  1. So, quite nerdily, I read the nerdy PS bit :)
    I haven't read the book, and haven't a clue about the American Constitution and what it says, but I agree with your point. We all excel at different things, and therefore should be able to excel in whatever we're good at. I also like your bit of writing for your little packet, it is a work of genius ;)
    Harrison Burgeron sounds like a fascinating book, I think I may have to acquire a copy.

    Jeff
    jefftheafrican.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff!!! I have missed your comments on my blog haha. :) So the American Constitution has a bit about everyone being "created equal and being endowed by their creator certain unalienable rights". This is mostly referring to politics I believe. (As in, everyone has the same political rights and such.)

    Harrison Burgeron is amazing. Now it's a short story, not a book, so I'm not sure if you can find it alone, but the money spent on a book with many short stories (including this) would be worth the money.

    And thank you. I really liked my writing as well. :))

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Are you thinking about leaving a comment? Well go ahead, we would love to know what you're thinking!