Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Oregon Trail

The time in History we are studying right now in my class is the Oregon Trail. It led me to thinking to different things about my life (surprise surprise! Even the supid things can end up having a strong meaning for me. I don't even know why). The settlers that first travled the Wild, Wild West had complete conviction about an idea called Manifest Destiny (Or the idea that American's had the duty to settle all the way from the Atlantic to the Pacific Oceans). This got me to thinking about the last time I did something in my life with complete conviction. Most of the time I do things, or I change my ways, but I'm not 100% sure, or I'm not giving all I can to the cause that I'm "fighting" for. I guess I just realized that the reason things in my life are so dull and boring is because I take no risks or leaps of faith. I am so comfortable sitting in my chair/comfortable bed/house doing nothing outside of my normal routine. I think I need to change that. Now, I don't exactly know what to do. I guess blogging was a big step, but I'm not even sure if that counts anymore since only 2 people (even supposedly) read my blog regularly, so it's not like I'm reaching a mass audience of people (not that my blog is good enough to read anyways). But I guess what makes blogging a big step for me is the fact that I have to take my thoughts, and put them into tangebal sentences and ideas that you guys out there will understand. I have to take my thoughts and communicate them to others. I think that sometimes that's really hard, because it's so much easier to hold everyhitng inside and just sit there and grouch and grouch. But when you let your thoughts out, then you get rid of the grouchiness and make room for all the "good stuff" in life.
Maybe that's my problem. I sit and mope around about all the bad stuff (that's not even a big deal.. it's little stuff like the electricity going out, staying up late to do a project, ect.ect.) that I have no room in my heart and my head for the good stuff in life.

So now that I've gone off on about 5 different bunny trails and none of you could possibly understand the point of the above ramblings..... I have some questions for you.

1. Why do you blog/Why don't you blog?
2. Does communicating your feelings help you feel better? Or does it make you feel worse?

Thanks for reading
<3 Girl 1
P.S. Even if you're not a member of blogger you can comment! So don't be afraid to press the little button below. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I enjoyed reading this, I've come across some of the same things myself so I totally get. LOL keep up the writing, you're doing great!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maria: Hey! Thanks for your encouragement and following. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Are you thinking about leaving a comment? Well go ahead, we would love to know what you're thinking!