Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 12

[Day 12 of my amazing adventure.]

6.27.11 9:46 AM


God Girl Devotional, Day 3. [This is a book that my parents bought me for christmas. It's a devotional. I would strongly suggest to buy it. It was a great gift for me. Click here if you're interested :) ]
S) Enoch walked with God, then he was gone because God took him. Genesis 5:4


O) Because Enoch had such a close relationship with God, he didn't have to die. He just ascended. Example to follow.

A) My relationship with God should be the number one priority in my life. Not my blog, [sorry guys] facebook, friends, or anything else.

P) Dear God,
I want to be focused on you all the time. Please help me to be that way. Amen

One 19 Revolution, Day 1 [This is something I learned about at camp. Psalms 119 has 24 stanzas, all divided up into 8 verses each. The challenge is to read one stanza a day and pick one verse to use the SOAP method on. Click here for the facebook page.]

S) Happy are those who keep His decrees and seek Him with all their heart. Psalms 119:2


O) If you keep God's word, you will be happy. This is a promise to keep.

A) Keep God's word. Seek Him with all my heart.

P) Dear jesus,
Help me to follow you. Help me to seek you with all my heart. I love you. Amen

Our Daily Bread [This is a free devotional book I get every 3 months. It is free to receive. It has a devotional for every day, and it also says what chapters to read if you are going through the Bible in a Year. Click here to order online.]

S) God had mercy on Him, and not only on Him, but also on me, so that I would not have one grief on top of another. Philippians 2:27


O) God will not give you more than you can handle. Trust Him even through the storms of life to help you with the burdens He has given you.

A) Pray. The only person who can really help you with death is God. He did not give you something you could not handle.

P) Dear God,
Please help me get through this. You are my only strength. Help me hold close to you. Amen.

Music
1. Light makes a way, Remedy Drive

  • Light makes a way through the darkness.
2. Winds of Change, Kutless
3. Instincts, Ivoryline

  • Instincts can not keep me from sin. Only God's help can. [P.S. I REALLY like this song :) Listen to it!!! It is also available on Playlist, a website where you can build your own set of songs.]
4. Oh! Gravity, Switchfoot
5. Back to the Basics, Run Kid Run

  • The Bible should be the first place we go to. Especially in the hard times.
  • When caught in a pattern of sin, go back to the Bible for advice.
6. Best I can, Decyfer Down

  • God only wants us to give ourselves to Him. Good, bad, ugly, everything. He will take care of the rest. [Another really good song..]
7. Hammers and Anvils, I am Empire
8. Good Morning Planetarium, Falling Up

[Thanks for reading guys! My journal post will (again) be in a separate post.
XOXO- Kathryn]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Are you thinking about leaving a comment? Well go ahead, we would love to know what you're thinking!