Monday, March 21, 2011

The Change in my life

I was reading Fit Foodie Finds, one of the blogs I read on a regular basis. The specific post I was reading happened to be about change, and it inspired me to think about change in my life. I know that I like to change in some areas, but definitely not in others. For example, I love to change my blog layout. I love to change my desktop screen. I love to change my hair. I love to change the way my room is decorated.
But, on the other hand, I hate changing some things. I hate not talking to people that I used to be friends with. I hated changing schools. I hate drinking regular Coke (a change from my usual Diet Coke). I hate adding or taking away something from my schedule, or changing the time of things. I hate changing phones. I absolutely hate changing from wearing flip flops to tennis shoes in the winter time.
This brought me to think about why I like to change superficial things, but I don't like to change the more important things in my life, and I have yet to find an answer. I guess that since a lot of things in my life are constantly up in the air and chaotic. I like to have the important things nailed down so I don't to worry about them too. I guess the reason why I believe that I hate the change of important things is because I need stability in my life. I don't know about you, but life is hard enough to juggle around without changing too much at a time.

So a few questions for you (some taken from the Fit Foodie Finds blog post.)
1. Do you like to change (and what kind of change do you like)
2. Why do you think you like to change?
3. Why do you think that it is easier to change the superficial or non-important things in life compared to changing the important things?


Thanks for reading!

<3- Girl 1

2 comments:

  1. 1. Not really :p
    2. You summed it up nicely by saying the "superficial things"
    3. Changing the big things takes courage and a leap of faith - I always have to do those quickly before I changed my mind...

    I think we share a similar philosophy on change. It's a great topic though!

    And thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. Always makes my day!

    ~Jazibelle
    Copper + Lace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks so much for commenting (as you can probably tell, my blog does not get commented on very much)! I am so happy it's crazy!!

    It is a good topic... :)

    You are so welcome! I'm glad! I love your blog and the pictures are always truely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Are you thinking about leaving a comment? Well go ahead, we would love to know what you're thinking!